United Methodist Men
Purpose: As specified in The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church 2012, each church within the United Methodist Church (UMC) is to have an organized Fellowship that is charted annually by the General Commission on United Methodist Men (GCUMM). This men’s organization is to provide a dedicated ministry for building men spiritually and involving men in the total ministry of the Church. The United Methodist Men (UMM) exists to declare the centrality of Christ in every man’s life. The Men’s Ministry is to lead to the spiritual growth of men in effective discipleship. The organization’s purpose is served as men are called to model the servant leadership of Jesus Christ
Mission: Support the spiritual growth of men, helping them to mature as disciples of Christ as they encourage spiritual formation.
Goal: The UMM goal is to help men grow in Christ, so others may know Christ.
Mount Pleasant United Methodist Men
The Mount Pleasant United Methodist Men (MPUMM) Fellowship exists at the Mount Pleasant United Methodist Church (MPUMC), in the Virginia Conference of the UMC, within the Elizabeth River, Virginia, District to carry out the above stated Purpose, Mission and Goal, to:
- to assist in personal witness and evangelism
- to seek commitment to discipleship
- to enable outreach in individual and group mission and ministry
- to encourage and support spiritual growth and faith development
- to study and become familiar with the UMC, its organization, doctrines, and beliefs
- to cooperate with all components of the UMM, in carrying out the UMM goals and objectives provided by GCUMM, the Southeastern Jurisdiction of the UMC, the Virginia Conference of the UMC, and the Elizabeth River, Virginia, District UMM.
Membership: Open to any man who indicates a desire to belong and participate in any aspect of the ministry of the church through the UMM.
Meetings: The first Sunday of each month, 7:30 AM, at Hardee’s located near the intersection of Mount Pleasant Road and Centerville Turnpike.